Get Better Sleep
Sleep is crucial to our long-term health. Sadly, many people are severely lacking in that department and face symptoms ranging from general lack of alertness and daytime sleepiness to impaired memory, stress, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, depression, reduced immune system function, and more. Understanding and controlling your sleep issues require medical intervention from a true sleep specialist. We offer state-of-the-art sleep study services that are effective and cost significantly less than receiving the same services in a hospital setting.
Our sleep lab is accredited by the American Academy for Sleep Medicine and approved by Medicare and most other insurances.
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
Instead of a hospital bed, our Sleep Centers are equipped with a bed similar in comfort to your bed at home. We monitor your airflow, breathing, respiration, oxygen, and sleep stages while you are asleep. No needles are involved in this painless process, and patients usually adapt to these monitoring devices within minutes. Most patients can go straight to work the next morning. With prior notice, arrangements can be made for a family member to sleep in an adjacent room if needed.
We offer the following sleep tests:
- Polysomnogram (Sleep Study) — Diagnosis of sleep apnea and disorders such as sleep-walking and REM-related sleep disorders.
- Titration (Sleep Study) — Used to determine the pressure you will need using the CPAP/Bi-PAP.
- Multiple sleep latency tests (MSLT) — Measures how long it takes you to fall asleep and also checks the stages of sleep. This test is used to diagnose conditions such as narcolepsy or idiopathic hypersomnia.
- Maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT) — Measures whether you can stay awake during a time when you are normally awake. This test is used to assess the effectiveness of treatment for hypersomnia conditions.
- Pediatric Sleep Disorders
Call Lone Star Pulmonary and Sleep Specialists Today!
Whether it is treating severe COPD and emphysema, utilizing the newest medications to manage difficult-to-control asthma, applying state-of-the-art care for pulmonary needs, using technology to identify lung cancer at its earliest stage, or diagnosing and treating sleep apnea, restless legs, and narcolepsy, we are proud to be the pulmonary and sleep practice in Denton, TX, that provides it all.
Call Lone Star Pulmonary and Sleep Specialists today!!